Sunday, April 28, 2013

Act 2 - Twitter




I have never used Twitter before because I have Facebook already. I think Twitter and Facebook are somewhat similar so I had not registered for a Twitter account. Creating an account is not that easy now because I have to think of a username that is not taken by somebody else while trying to be as creative as I can. Moreover, I have to start updating more statuses on Twitter to fill up my page with content. That will take a long time so I would rather focus on my Facebook account that I have already developed. However, this assignment requires Twitter for it, so I registered for an account. I had a great time using Twitter for the first time. Signing up changed my perception of Twitter completely, because it was so simple to register an account and upload content. Unlike many other social networking sites that require a lot of personal information, Twitter just requires an email address, password, and username. It was simple and fast. It has special layout and unique ways to communicate with others. I can find friends through my Hotmail account and other mail services. I think it would be a lot easier and more convenient if Twitter could actually connect to Facebook to find more friends who are on Twitter. It is my first time using Twitter so it took a few minutes of looking around to find specific functions, after which I found myself getting used to it. Twitter is so easy to use and play around with. I can follow many celebrities and see their latest update on Twitter. I can even change the background of my Twitter. I can personalize many things on Twitter to make it unique unlike Facebook, where many designs are already there for you and you cannot personalize it. Moreover, I can use various tags on my tweets or photos just like Instagram. I find these interesting to play with because I can actually click into these tags and many related tweets, photos, and videos will come up for me to look at. Despite with the problem of finding friends to follow through only a few accounts, I have found Twitter to be another great way of communicating with the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment